Nikon ProStaff 4-12×40 Black Matte Riflescope (Nikoplex)
Amazon Rating: (4.5 / 5)
Reviewed by: Riflescopeguide.com
Rifle scopes come in all models and price ranges and while some are fairly priced, others are rather exorbitant. Still, it’s good to keep in mind that even though good quality scopes are often high-priced, there are many great options that are obtainable with a lesser amount. Going at a price of about $220, the Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x40 Riflescope is one such scope.
This scope is among some of the most reliable scopes accessible in the market today. Other than being practical, the equipment also has advanced features that promote effective functioning in diverse situations. The scope, for instance, sports a 40mm objective lens with a 4-12x magnification in addition to a BDC reticle.
The 4x-12x magnification power ensures that just about all shooting ranges are effectively catered for; while the BDC reticle incorporates clear ballistic circles which prove particularly useful when it comes to bullet drop compensation.
The scope’s fully multicoated optical system is yet another useful feature. This system comprises several layers of anti-reflective elements that are spread throughout the device’s glass surface. While this constituent is and expensive one to incorporate, it is only minimally reflected in the equipment pricing. The advantage of the multiple coating is that it permits 98% light transmission meaning even where there is very little light, there will be enough of it captured to allow for quality imaging, hence accurate shooting.
A zero rest feature also acts as a valuable addition to the equipment. With this, the need to loosen the turrets by removing the screws and resetting to zero is eliminated .This means that once you zero the rifle to a particular yardage, it will reset so you don’t have to begin shooting from a random number.
Additional features include: 3.7 inches eye relief, finger adjustable turrets, an objective Bell Diameter of 5-.3mm, an Ocular Bell Diameter of 44mm, and a 10.3-3.3mm Exit Pupil Diameter.
Who Is It Suited For?
This rifle scope is an ideal one for an avid shooter. Also, the equipment serves well when used in diverse environments—rainy weather or extremely dusty conditions. While price will often act as a hindrance to obtaining quality equipment, the Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x 40 is an ideal alternative for someone looking to acquire reliable equipment without having to incur excessive costs.
For the amount you will pay to obtain this scope, the investment will be worthwhile. The fact this riflescope comes with a lifetime warranty is a plus ; it also means that the manufacturers trust in the quality of the product .Thus, if you are looking to obtain a new riflescope or aiming to replace an old one, a this may just be the type of equipment to acquire.
This particular model of the Nikon ProStaff rifle scope presents the user with numerous benefits including: .
- Owing to the scope’s optimized light transmission, it can serve well both at sunrise and sunset when there’s little contrast and low light. The equipment is sharper than just about any other in its price range in this regard.
- The scope is very ideal for long range shooting
- It comes with an o-ring sealed casing which keeps it from fogging up and at the same time, makes it suitable for use in rainy weather and any humid environment
- The quick focus eyepiece allows for the user to be swift when it comes to acquiring targets
- Even when the magnification is set at 12x, the image is not blurred
- A sunshade accessory can be added to the equipment and this can come handy where the equipment is used in dusty, rainy or very bright settings
- The reticle works efficiently in helping the shooter establish the distance to the target
- The margin of elevation adjustments stands at a maximum of 60 MOA -this allows the user to easily make changes when in the field
Like any other product in the market, the Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x 40 rifle scope also has its downside. Fortunately, there are only a few of these which include the following:
- Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x 40 Riflescopeonly works best with sporting rifles, or an AR
- Using the scope on short ranges may not give the best results as it is more suited for medium to long ranges.