UTG 4-16X44 30mm Scope, AO, 36-color Mil-dot, QD Twist lock rings
Amazon Rating: (4.5 / 5)
Reviewed by: Riflescopeguide.com
Are you looking for a scope that is ‘Best in Class’? If that’s the case you should take a hard look at the UTG 4-16×44 30mm Scope by Leapers. Today we are reviewing this scope and our goal is to bring you all the information you need, right here on this page, to help you make an informed decision.
Deciding on a scope can be an arduous task and one you have to live with for a while so first let’s take a look at the company and what they are accomplishing with their hunting gear.
Leapers, Inc. has been in business since 1992 and since that time has expanded their rifle and hunting gear to keep up with industry trends and customer feedback. David Ding, owner of Leapers, started the company when he was a police chief in Taiwan. Today he still has some manufacturing work done in Taiwan but most is done at his plant in Livonia Michigan.
Now that you’ve had a little background to put your mind at ease, let’s talk about what this scope does that makes it so desirable.
- The 30mm tube comes with an Emerald lens coating to help achieve maximum light transmission. This gives you the best clarity possible.
- It’s built strong, sealed and nitrogen filled. It’s shockproof, rainproof, and fog proof.
- Targeting made easy with the 4 x 16 quick power selector ring.
- 1-click technology for access to things like color and brightness.
- Comes with EZ-TAP illumination Enhancing (IE) In fact, the IE system with red/green dual-color mode has 36 colors when using multi-color mode.
- Works in most weather and light conditions.
- Zero resettable target turrets as well as precise ¼ MOA per click.
- Side wheel adjustable turret which helps for parallax adjustment. This is anywhere from 10 yards to infinity.
- Mil-dot range estimating reticle with built-in integral sunshade.
- Flip-open lens caps
As you can see from the long list above, this scope has all the bells and whistles you need to add to your hunting success. One really nice feature about the UTG 30mm scope is that it only weighs around one pound! You never want to carry around more weight than necessary.
What about Price?
You are probably wondering what the price of this scope is, especially now that you’ve seen all it can do. Our research has located the very best price for this scope online. We found that not only did Amazon have the best price but that the scope may be eligible for free shipping!
Prices change online every day, however at the time of this review the UTG 4-16×44 30mm Scope can be purchased for around $125.59! That’s quite a discount from the list price of $159.97.
In conclusion we would like to remind you that if the UTG 30mm Scope is something you would like to add to your arsenal then be sure and purchase it on Amazon where you will get the best price and excellent customer service.
As you can see from the customer remarks the scope was loved by the majority of users, yet there were some people that had some complaints. It is very possible they may have gotten a scope that has some kind of malfunction and needed to be returned.
The UTG series, according to Leapers website, has a Lifetime warranty. The Dot scope/sight only has a 2 year warranty. The warranty is for any workmanship defects of a newly purchased scope. Evidence of purchase will be required and the scope can’t have been tampered with in any way (for you fix it yourselfers – don’t, because it will void your warranty)
Based on the company background, the benefits of the scope, and happy customers we highly recommend the UTG 4-16×44 30mm Scope, with QD twist lock rings. We give it a “two thumbs up” and hope you will head over to Amazon to take a better look at this nice piece of equipment for yourself.
- For a scope in this price range the quality is very good.
- Feels more expensive than other scopes in this price range.
- Already put through 300 rounds in past month in which 12 shots were dialed in at 100 yards!
- Solid construction and mounting
- Parallax adjustment is super helpful.
- Mounted and screws have never come lose.
- Scope was in rain for half a day and next morning functions perfectly.
- My power zoom control did nothing.
- I’m having a hard time siting it.
- My shots are dropping below the target by 2 inches.